For Those who dare! This is a DIY parts kit for our 6 plant 13 GALLON (The tall one - 19 inch tall buckets) Fallponic system. It does NOT include any drilled holes or PVC but includes all the other parts. This allows you to customize to your specifications and includes 7 extra feet of 3/4 inch tubing if you need to space them out farther. This is a build at your own risk kit, we are not responsible for any injuries or problems with your drilling etc. We recommend practicing drilling on an extra bucket or piece of cardboard to make sure you have the right size holes and spacing. You should watch our 4 plant build video for tips and tricks on building this system! Good luck and have fun:) Gary
Please note that if the shipping charge on this is greater than what we end up paying, we will make sure to refund any excess paid.
This Parts Kit Includes:
7 - 13 Gallon Buckets
7 - Plain Bucket lids
6 - 8 Inch Heavy Net Baskets
14 - 3" Bulkheads
1 - Heavy duty Mag inline waterfall pump
7 - 3/4 Inch Bulkheads
5 - 3/4 inch Tee connector
5 - 3/4 inch elbow fittings
1 - 3/4 inch valve
20 feet of 3/4 Inch Active Aqua Vinyl Tubing(7 extra feet than we use)
1 - 6 Output commercial Active aqua Air Pump
6 - Active Aqua 2x4 Airstones
1 - 100 foot roll of green air tubing
1 - Bottom Draw drainage pump
10 feet of 1/2 inch drain hose
1 - Water Level Kit:
- blue water level tube
- 1 - 1/2 bulkhead with built in elbow
- 1 - tubing clip.
ASSEMBLY TIPS AND HOW TO FILL:
- Use hot water for the soft tubing! This expands the tubing which helps it go on better and also helps it seal better on barbed fittings.
- Lean the hump piece over as much as your tent hole will allow for smoother operation.
- IMPORTANT! When you fill the system, fill it to the bottom of the hump inside and out, then turn on waterfall (this will burp out the air in the hump piece)
- Then top off to your desired level. It will always have to be above the hump to run properly and during early vegetative growth you will have to fill it up high so it touches your starter.
- I have never used hose clamps on any of our systems and have had minimal problems, some people do add hose clamps to our systems that is up to you.
- Dont snap shut the plant root access flaps! They are very hard to reopen!
- If your flaps start to loosen at the joint you can put on a strip of Gorilla tape or electrical tape to strengthen it up.
- Please watch our videos on Fallponics for assembly :) Thanks. And dont forget to tag us! #FALLPONICS - Gary :)
Drill Sizes for DIY Kits:
3" Bulkheads - 3 3/4" Hole Saw
1/2", 3/4", 1" Drains (Bulkheads) - 1 1/4" Hole Saw
Airline - 1/4" Drill Bit
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I ordered the DIY 6 plant Fallponic system. My package arrived quickly. I live in NV and the package came from PA. The package and all contents were in great condition except I did have 1 cracked net pot, I emailed Gary and he sent out a replacement the next day. This place has excellent customer service! As for the product, If I had to do this again I would have bought the pre built system rather than the DIY. Gary makes it look a lot easier than it is. Its not that its difficult, just time consuming and the bulkheads and buckets have to be perfect unless it will leak. I made the mistake of going to home depot for the 3 3/4 hole saw, they didnt carry that size so I purchased a 3 5/8 boy was that a mistake. Watch the videos on youtube and follow garys procedure and you should be fine. I did need a few hose clamps to stop leaks on the water pump. This is overall an incredible system and less than half the cost of the competitors. Lastly do not buy the Hydrofarm active aqua pumps if you plan on using the inline feature because they leak really bad. Very impressed by PA Hydroponics. Thank you !